What are the classifications of power capacitors
Power capacitors, capacitors used in power systems and electrical equipment. Any two metal conductors separated by an insulating medium form a capacitor. The size of a capacitor depends on its geometry and the properties of the insulating medium between the two plates. When a capacitor is used under AC voltage, the capacity of the capacitor is usually expressed in terms of reactive power, and the unit is fatigue or fatigue. This issue will introduce the classification, principle, installation and operation and maintenance of power capacitors in detail.
Parallel capacitor is a reactive power compensation device, parallel circuit, its main function is to compensate the reactive power of the system, improve power factor, reduce power consumption, improve voltage quality, and improve equipment utilization.
Series capacitors are mainly used to compensate the reactance of power systems and are often used in high voltage systems.
Classification of power capacitors.
According to different installation methods, power capacitors can be divided into two types: indoor type and outdoor type; according to the rated voltage of their operation, they can be divided into two types: low voltage and high voltage; according to the number of phases, they can be divided into two types: single phase and three phase , except for low-voltage shunt capacitors, the rest are single-phase; according to the shell material, it can be divided into metal shell, porcelain insulating shell, bakelite shell, etc. According to the purpose, it can be divided into the following 8 types:
1) Parallel capacitors. The original name of the phase-shifting capacitor is mainly used to compensate the reactive power of the inductive load of the power system, improve the power factor, improve the voltage quality, and reduce the line loss.
2) Capacitors in series. Connected in series on power frequency high-voltage transmission and distribution lines, it can compensate the distributed resistance of the line, improve the static and dynamic stability of the system, improve the voltage quality of the line, extend the transmission distance, and increase the transmission capacity.
3) Coupling capacitors. It is mainly used for high-frequency communication, measurement, control, protection and electric energy extraction devices of high-voltage power lines.
4) Breaker capacitors. Originally known as voltage equalizing capacitor. Parallel connection plays a voltage equalizing role on the fracture of the ultra-high voltage circuit breaker, so that the voltage between each fracture is uniform when the circuit is interrupted, and the arc suppression characteristics of the circuit breaker are improved, and the circuit breaking capacity is improved.
5) Electric heating capacitor. It is used in 40~24000 Hz electric heating equipment system to improve the power factor and improve the voltage or frequency of the circuit.
6) Pulse capacitor. It is mainly used to store energy, and is used for basic storage components such as impulse voltage generators, impulse current generators, and vibration circuits for circuit breaker tests.
7) DC and filter capacitors. Used in high-voltage DC devices and high-voltage rectification and filtering devices.
8) Standard capacitors. It is suitable for power frequency high voltage measurement dielectric loss circuit, suitable for standard capacitance or high voltage partial voltage measurement device.
The above is the relevant introduction about the classification of power capacitors. If you have needs for film capacitors and power capacitors, please contact weidy