What are the precautions for the application of Y capacitors
1. Not all Y capacitor bodies are insulators
2. In the design, it is necessary to consider whether the safe distance (creepage distance and electrical clearance) from the Y capacitor pin to the surrounding equipment meets the requirements, and consider the thrust under extreme conditions, that is, according to the requirements of safety standards, use a certain thrust to The Y capacitor is pushed aside to evaluate whether the pushed-back safety distance (creepage distance and electrical clearance) meets the requirements;3. When using Y capacitors, it is necessary to select a suitable rated voltage. If the working voltage range of the product certification is 100-240VAC, you need to choose a Y capacitor with a withstand voltage above AC250 and pass the relevant certification;
4. The general certification standard considers that Y2Y2 is basic insulation, and Y1 is reinforced insulation, that is, Y1=2*Y2; in special cases, it is necessary to check the certification standard;
5. If the withstand voltage at both ends of the Y capacitor is insufficient, you can use Y capacitors of the same specification in series to increase the withstand voltage. At this point, care should be taken to use Y capacitors of the same specification to avoid the uneven voltage across a single Y capacitor exceeding the rated voltage;
6. It is necessary to select the maximum working temperature of the Y capacitor according to the working temperature of the whole machine;7. When Y capacitors are used in series and parallel, it is necessary to consider the withstand voltage at both ends of the Y capacitor, especially in special applications.